Advanced High Strength Tubing
Advanced High Strength Steels (AHSS) have been developed by the steel industry to improve formability while providing higher strengths. These steels provide design engineers with material selections beyond the usable limits of High Strength Low Alloyed (HSLA) steels.
Using a combination of chemistries including rapid controlled cooling, steel mills can achieve necessary microstructures and mechanical properties in several grade selections. As an advanced high strength steel tubing manufacturer, LJT is proud to produce high tensile steel for our advanced high-strength tubing from AHSS grades for all of our trused partners and valued customers.
Why LJT Advanced High Strength Tubing?
- Offers customers lightweight options; designing products with lighter weight via removing wall thickness by increasing overall strength
- Meet demands for higher strength tubes
- Increased formability at strength levels beyond high strength low alloys
- Compliance with the popularity of using AHSS in current and future automotive vehicle designs
- Advanced high strength tubing products have superior impact energy absorption than tubes produced from plain carbon and HSLA steels
- Available bare or galvanized
- A variety of AHSS grades continue to be developed
- Dual Phase (DP)
- Complex Phase (CP)
- Generation 3 (Gen 3)
We Can Accommodate Special & Unique Requirements
Custom Tubing Solutions for Your Application
Automotive: A pillars, B Pillars, C Pillars, Roof Rails, Roof Bows, crossmembers
ATV / Utility Vehicles: Roll Cages
Rounds and other customizable shapes.
Sizes: Inquire with your Sales Representative
Current Available Material Grades for LJT Tubing:
CRDP 590, CRDP 780 CRDP 980
CRDP 600, CRDP 800, CRDP 1000
ASTM A513 , ASTM A1088, Chrysler MS-264, Fiat MS.50002, Ford WSS-M1A368, GM GMW3399, Mercedes Benz MBN 11 250, Rivian RMS-1021, SAE J2340, Tesla TM-2011