Hot Rolled Steel Tubing
Hot rolled (HR) steel tubing is the basic industry standard for manufacturing many tube sizes and shapes. As a hot rolled steel tubing manufacturer, Lock Joint Tube (LJT) purchases hot rolled (HR) material with a surface condition appropriate to our customer’s specific end use needs.
We have been producing specialty hot rolled steel tubing to our partners and customers for over 100 years and we have established many trusted relationships along the way, many companies choose Lock Joint Tube as their hot rolled tubing manufacturer, and we are up to the task! If you are not sure if hot finished steel tubing is the right type for your application, feel free to contact us for further guidance, we are happy to help.
Advantage of Hot Finished Steel Tubing & LJT:
- Readily available in many lengths and thicknesses
- In addition to standard hot rolled steel tubing, LJT has the ability to create non-standard shapes, these shapes contain less steel and are more cost efficient
- LJT material meets exacting Inside Diameter Tolerances, allowing for efficient and consistent mandrel bending, telescope applications etc.
- LJT trades on consistency and the ability to provide a Total Value Product allowing customers to forecast usage to LJT, and facilitate a vendor managed inventory program
- Cut to length tube and laser cutting tube are available to all customers
- Ability to custom engineer corner radii to customer requirements – including multiple corner radii in the same tube.
- Traditional rectangular shapes can be engineering into flat ovals or D-ovals
- Over 100 parent round sizes that allow customers to keep engineering costs to a minimum
Material/Metals/Finishes: Hot Rolled Black (HRBL), Hot Rolled Picked & Oiled (HRPO), and Hot Rolled High Strength Low Alloy (HRHSLA)
Shapes: Rounds, Squares (sharp, regular, and rectangular corners), elliptical ovals, flat ovals, peanut ovals, rectangles (sharp ®ular corners), octagons, trapezoids, parallelogram and D-ovals.
- 72 Round tubes: .625 – 6.625 OD
- 42 Squares: .500-5.250
- 82 Rectangles: .375 x .875 – 3.000 x 6.000
- 100 Special Shapes
Specifications ASTM A513 & ASTM A500
Industries/Applications: Solar, Boat & Utility Trailers, Exercise & Gym Equipment, Automotive, Recreational Equipment, Store Fixtures and Various OEM’s