Mechanical ERW Steel Tubing
Mechanical Tube is manufactured to extremely tight tolerances tailored to each customer’s specifications, whether it be ASTM or their own internal standards.
Lock Joint Tube produces cold formed, high frequency electric resistance welded tubing. Among the several applications, ERW steel tubing has the broadest range of applications. LJT electric resistance welded tubing is known in the industry as having tight dimensional tolerances, exceptional straightness and twist control, and world-class surface finishes for given material selection.
As your electric resistance welded steel tubing supplier, we look forward to working with you and meeting your specific needs!
The LJT Advantage
- Tubing that withstands simple to extreme fabrications
- Fabrications include single and multiple planar mandrel bending, roll bending, flattening, hydroforming, flaring, coining, drilling, punching, flow drilling, threading, rotary and die swaging, arc welding, friction welding, orbital welding, saw cutting, shearing, laser cutting, coving, post hot dip galvanizing, and heat treating
- Tubing from HRPO, HRBL, CR, Galvanized steel, Galvannealed steel, Hot Dip Aluminized steel
Why LJT Mechanical Tubing?
- Performance excellence with fabrication – repeatable and predictable
- Controlled variation in mechanical properties
- Tight dimensional tolerances with OD, outer dimensions, wall thickness
- Exceptional straightness for laser cutting
- Superior finishes for exposed surfaces with Hot Rolled and Cold Rolled products as needed for painting and plating applications
- Reliable weldability and formability
- Telescoping capabilities or interference fitting as needed
Current Available Material Types for LJT Mechanical Tubing:
Hot Rolled Pickled and Oiled (HRPO)
Hot Rolled Black (HRBL)
Cold Rolled (CR, CR Half Hard, CR Full Hard)
Galvanized (HR or CR substrate)
Aluminized (HR or CR substrate)
we can accommodate special & unique requirements
Custom Tubing Solutions for Your Application
Current Available Steel Grades for LJT Mechanical Tubing:
See Material Grades – Hot Link to Steel Grade Table
Rounds, Squares, Rectangles, Triangles, Trapezoids, Octagons, Flat Ovals, Elliptical Ovals, D-ovals, Bullet profiles, Pear shapes, Pie Shapes, Step Profiles, Non-Symmetrical shapes, and customizable shapes.
Size Capability Range:
.314” RD to 6.625” RD [8 mm to 168.3 mm]
Wall Capability Range:
.028” to .375” [.7mm to 9.5mm] depending upon grade and tube size/shape
Lock Joint Tube currently provides mechanical tubing in numerous applications for automotive, agricultural, medical, home health, exercise, heavy truck, trailer, lawn and garden, ATV and Utility vehicles, recreational, office furniture, and other markets
Specifications: ASTM A513 , ASTM A787, JIS G3445 and European Equivalents